Steps in Creating Icosahedron Christmas Ornament
Christmas ornaments are used for centuries in order to decorate houses in the Christmas season. It has been a long time since the tradition was started and since then the tradition has changed a lot or I should say the Christmas ornaments itself have changed a great deal. Different companies come out with different type of Christmas ornaments as people want to buy something which seems out of the ordinary. If you also want a Christmas ornament which is completely unique and attractive then you should look out for Icosahedron Christmas ornament.
For all those who don’t know what Icosahedron means should know that it is actually a 20 sided geometrical figure. The figure is 3D in nature and you can easily create it on your own. If you have never created a Christmas ornament then you would simply love creating an Icosahedron Christmas ornament. So if you want to create an Icosahedron Christmas ornament then you must read the following steps:
- Firstly you would require a large or a medium sized gift bag. You should try and get a bag which is quite thick but can be easily folded.
- Secondly you should then cut the bag around the bottom and from the side. One has to cut the bag very carefully.
- Cut 20 circles which have equilateral triangles inscribed in it. Equilateral triangles have equal sides and you should make sure that you cut triangles in the same manner.
- Cut out the circles roughly because it can be quite difficult for a first timer to cut circles with perfection.
- In this step you will need glue so that you can easily stick the 20 circles on the inside of the bag. Only use a small quantity of glue in this step.
- Now cut out the circles cleanly and fold the triangles accordingly. After folding the circles peel the pattern of all circles.
- Put a small amount of glue on in the folded edges of the circle and stick them together. First of all make a train using 10 circles and then use 5 circles and make 2 hats. Now stick the ends together of the circle.
- Now take a hat that you have created and attach it to one side of the train using glue. Do the same with the other hat.
- The figure that is created is known as an Icosahedron. This can be made in a variety of sizes by cutting the circle large or small.
© Copyright 2015 pickupmytree.com. All Rights Reserved.